Senior Highway Engineer
We have a vacancy for a Senior Highway Engineer with experience in the delivery of highway access and improvements, urban design/streetscape and local authority/municipal traffic and highway schemes in our Beverley and Manchester offices.
You will be qualified to a HND or degree level and working to achieve Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer status with proven design, project management and team leadership experience; delivering to quality, time and budget. The role would suit a self-motivated individual looking to advance their career in a dynamic team.
In addition to delivering work within the local office the role will involve client meetings and site visits throughout the UK plus working with LTP’s Manchester team. We are therefore seeking candidates who are able to work flexibly as workload and priorities dictate.
You will have:
• A relevant HND or degree and will be either an Incorporated Engineer, a Chartered Engineer or working towards an appropriate membership of a professional institution.
• A successful track record in the delivery of highway and traffic engineering undertaken for local authorities and/or private developers.
• Excellent technical and communication skills.
• An ability to demonstrate experience and expertise in the following areas:
o Preliminary and detailed design including 3D design
o Applying relevant design standards including good working knowledge of DMRB
o Leading single and multi-disciplinary projects as project manager/ task leader.
o Preparation of technical reports and checking work/specifications of junior staff.
o Liaising with clients, local authorities, utility companies etc. to obtain necessary approvals.
o Detailed design software (e.g. Site 3D, MX, AutoCAD etc..)
• Experience of managing the technical inputs of junior staff to projects.
• Whilst not essential any of the following skills would be desirable
o Specialist traffic engineering knowledge.
o Urban Design/Streetscape.
o Project Management qualifications (e.g. PRINCE2)
o Highways asset management and maintenance.
o CSCS Card holder.
• Ensure technical content and quality of output produced is in line with the project brief.
• Take an active role in the preparation detailed design and project delivery of highway and traffic engineering schemes
• Take an active role in the preparation of detailed technical reports providing specialist technical contributions as required.
• Keep up to date with current best practice, techniques and innovation.
• Supervise, check and approve highway design work undertaken by junior staff.
• Support the LTP Directors and other senior staff as required in the delivery and management of the LTP business.
• Support preparation of proposals and contribute to major bids.
• Develop new and existing client relationships.
• Undertake Health & Safety duties in line with the LTP Health and Safety policy and procedures.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Nigel Wilson by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01482 679911.
Registered in England No. 5295328