Services > Wind Turbine Assessment
We have worked closely as part of the planning application/planning approval process with developers, agents, wind turbine manufacturers, landowners and local authorities working within the renewable energy sector in recent years.
We have carried out over 100 assessments to determine the feasibility of remote onshore turbine locations in terms of whether the load can get to site and what highway improvements / works would be required. We carry out swept path analysis for submission as part of planning applications and also once approved can design and arrange any permanent works (see also Highway Design) or temporary traffic management works required.
We have considerable expertise in providing the following reports and services for wind turbine developments:
- Abnormal Load Route Assessments including Swept Path Analysis;
- Transport Assessments and Transport Statements
- Traffic Management Plans
- Highway Condition Surveys;
- Internal Access Road Design;
- Highway Engineering and Detailed Design;
- Site Supervision and Monitoring;
- Advice and Negotiation over S278/38 and S106 agreements.
Registered in England No. 5295328